Friday, October 12, 2012

Vegetarian and Gluten Free

After doing some research on recipe websites, I found that it would be extremely difficult to be vegetarian and gluten free.  Most of the recipes on www.foodnetwork.com that are gluten free contain meat, poultry or fish.  All of the meat free recipes are sauces, dips or Quinoa salads.  This makes for a very limited selection of meals.  In addition to this, I learned that most of my favorite vegetarian substitutions also contain wheat.  Unfortunately, I cannot Amy's rice macaroni and cheese every day for lunch. 

Being gluten free is going to take planning and prep work in order to maintain gluten free meals during the work week.  

P.S. I also found out that most boxed rices including the brand Near East contains wheat. Total Bummer.

1 comment:

  1. I have a few friends who are gluten free and I know there are lines of products that focus on them. The downside is that you may have to order them. But there are gluten free pastas and pizza doughs and such. I suggest going on to a site that's created for those with Celiac's/gluten allergies and see what you can find.

    ReplyDelete